Fried Eggs Recipe
- Over medium heat, warm a small amount of oil or butter, perhaps 1 1/2 tsp., in a small (8-inch) skillet, or spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into the pan.
- Cook until the white appears solid, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- For basted eggs, put 1 tsp. or so of melted butter over the yolk.
- For eggs sunny-side up, remove the egg from the pan with a spatula and serve.
- For eggs over easy, carefully flip the egg over onto the yolk side and cook another minute or two. (You'll probably want to turn the egg after 2 to 3 minutes, instead of 3 to 4, depending on how well done you like your eggs.)